Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I had fallen in love with the comic Toothpaste for Dinner earlier this year and I've slowly made my way through all of the daily comics since 2002.... Now, I've caught up and I will only be able to read one a day. Anyway, I've read them all, and I highly recommend giving it a shot.

I've been working at the school more and more as time goes by. Tonight, I was reminded of just how productive it can be to work at a piano. I keep see-sawing on that issues, whether I should work at a piano or not - well, it's working for me currently, so I'll keep at it. I know things are getting near the end, but it seems that I have everything under control. I've done some good work on my presentation for Contemporary, and that's not for 2 weeks. I want to finish the ground work so I can just review what I did before presenting, I'm not intending to continue working on it right up until I present. I'll finish it so I can pick the topic for my paper as well as focus on the other things due by end of term.
I know that electro will be a last-minute hardcore workfest, and I've found out that my singer works the same way as I do, so she's fine with leaving things until last minute-ish. Obviously not totally last minute, but it's good to know I don't need to overly stress about it.
We've been informed that there will not be a second reading for our Orchestration class, which means I won't have to do parts for my orchestration, but I'm disappointed that it's not going to happen. I was also hoping to get a short composition read if it was going to happen, but I guess that's a no go.

Oy, it's 2am. Luckily only maybe have class tomorrow. It's either tomorrow or Friday and I'll find out which one tomorrow morning ish. This will be a good weekend for writing lots of music. I have an interview booked with the composer whose work I am doing my presentation on. I'm very excited to talk to her!

No comments: