Saturday, March 01, 2008

I'm home...

The bus trip home was less than perfect - one bus leaving late and an accident holding us up somewhere in Ontario for at least half an hour meant I got into Toronto 20 minutes after the bus depot closed for the night... there were no more buses home to London.
At 1am, I took a chance and apologetically called my most favourite person in all of Torontonia - Charmeee!! Anyway, I got a good night's sleep and made it home early this afternoon.

Aside from travel concerns, the trip was just what I needed.
-It re-affirmed my love/desire/craving for big city life.
-Apparently, I don't dislike Toronto nearly as much as I thought I did.
-I got to do a lot of socializing and spent some really good quality time with some friends and family of whom I don't see nearly enough.

I got a teeny little bit of work done, but I will be making this shorter than I'd like because I neeeeeeed to get much done during the remainder of this weekend.
Mainly:
1) Orchestration for Monday - 2 short Schoenberg pieces.
B) Learn Erhu accompaniment solidly.
3) Compose something for my Lesson. I've decided that in preparation for my thesis, I will write a few short pieces - first as piano pieces, but with orchestration in mind while I am working on them as piano pieces, eventually orchestrating them fully.
d) Life-ish stuff - laundry, groceries, letters to mail, cleaning, financial organization etc.

Reactions to my trip:
My friends in Toronto and Montreal seem to be doing quite well - I'm jealous of their living conditions, but either living in an amazing city like Montreal, or paying ridiculous rent in TO will do that...
I've been struggling to maintain the motivation to keep walking from school and for errands here in London, but in a big city, you need far less of such motivation.

Oy, I've spent too much time here already, so much to get done.

No comments: