Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Student Composers Concert was last night.
It was wonderful. Every piece had something of value and the performances were of a high calibre, especially considering that the ensembles don't get graded. I was very impressed with everything.
I don't like the seating in that hall, it hurts my ass, but other than that, it was a very enjoyable evening.
Having heard many of the pieces at the dress rehearsal, I can also say that there was a significant improvement in every group made over this last week.
My piece was very well received by everyone I talked to, and my prof pulled me aside afterwards for some very reassuring words.
Most of the composers along with friends and some of the performers went out for drinks at the grad club afterwards. By the end, it had thinned out to 6 of us, I could finally hear the conversation as the music died down a bit, and we had a wonderful conversation about this that and the other.
I can't wait to get the recording and give it another more objective listen. I will also make the recording available on Facebook once I get a hold of it.

Now that piece has finished it's initial lifespan. It's eaten up a lot of this year, and I'm proud of it, but I will be happy to put it away for a while. Now it's on to the other work that lies ahead. This will be a productive weekend, I intend to get a lot of writing done!

No comments: