Friday, July 27, 2007

Apartment hunting

Earlier this summer I was feeling a lot better about finding a place to live. At one point I even thought I had a lease coming in the mail and that it was all in the bag. Now I'm at the point where I don't think that lease is coming and I'm looking at cheaper places anyway, but it's looking less and less promising. Places that I contact have a number of people coming for viewings, and I can't compete with that. I am not able to go there, see the apartment and then hand them a cheque for a deposit- and how can I blame any landlord for wanting that security.
Anyway, I am still checking up on all the ads; sending emails and making phone calls with the hopes of latching onto something.
I suppose I still have a month before I actually move there, so there's still time, but the first question people always ask me about moving is if I have a place lined up yet.

1 comment:

Mai said...

aww.... that's too bad... but don't worry, there's a saying in Japanese,
"the leftovers are always the lucky ones". So you will find something lucky in the very last minutes!