Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Oouchy!

So yesterday was great to get me comfortable with being in a dance class and being physically active....
Today was not as much about being comfortable as it was about being sweaty. Modern class was great in terms of the intensity. My coordination was not so great. The great thing about modern is that it chains simple movements together from the get-go and gets you moving more than ballet... but you apparently need the memory and coordination to make it actually work. It wasn't that bad, I was holding my own and the teacher was super supportive of everyone (I love you Claire!).
Then there was jazz class... 2 things I learned about stretching: 1) my body really doesn't want to move like that and b) when I try to move my body like that, it hurts and sweats (I figure that sweating is my body's version of tears). Other than the stretching, everything went pretty well. We did some on-the-spot (ish) movements that vaguely looked like an aerobics class. In the steps across the room and the combination we started, I was a lot more coordinated than I was in the modern class.

No comments: