Monday, July 02, 2007

Well, I played piano for the RWB for 4 regular school seasons and some summers.... I've developed a strong dance vocabulary and knowledge of basic dance technique.....
but nothing could have prepared them for tonight....
Musical theatre was OK, I can sing.. so that count for something. I couldn't remember the choreography - and we're talking the very simplest of movements... but it was fun!!
Ballet... wow, I have so little balance. Ballet class is supposed to be serious, but I couldn't help but laugh at some points! I was pretty good at the skipping.. except when we did it on the second side and then I got confused as to which arm was going where...
The ballet teacher kept on saying that it the class wouldn't be a cardiovascular workout, but I was still working up a bit of a sweat. Partially because she had us working some muscles that I didn't even know actually existed, but mostly because I'm so out of shape.
Tomorrow is going to kill me, but in a wonderful way. Tonight was my 2 low intensity classes; I'm not sure about modern, but I know that Jazz is a high energy class. These are the classes that I'm taking to get me in shape!
I had become a little apprehensive over the last few days because the office lady worried me about what I needed to wear, but the teachers and other people in the classes were great. Definitely a positive experience so far!
I will be sure to post tomorrow about the other classes. The teachers tomorrow are both young and hip teachers!! yippee!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just read your german entries, like, all of them! your trip sounds like it was soooooooo much fun! I miss having summer offs.

so you are moving to England for study? wow, another reason for me to get jealous about...!

I also want to take some dance lessons (salsa)too but I'm in no mood to take dance lesson in Cantonese by a Chinese instructor, so.... tough luck for me. oh well.

Michael Park said...

No, I'm going to London, ONTARIO... not quite as exciting....
They might have dance lessons in English... you and Jon should take salsa class!!

Mai said...

Hahaha, salsa with Jonny? that will never happen in this life time... I tried to bring him along to salsa when we were in calgary, it was soooooooooooooooooo hard. he makes such a big deal out of it. (Even I offered to PAY).
I guess I could probably find an expensive salsa lesson in Honglish...

oh, London, Ontario..... hahaha. oh well, it's still OK. But London(ONTARIO) is a very small town, isn't it? my sis's friends used to live there.....

Michael Park said...

I think it's around the same size as Winnipeg, so yes, to a HongKonger - it will be a tiny little town...