Sunday, July 15, 2007

I hate technology

I'm going to have to reinstall windows and wipe everything off the basement computer.
I spent a large part of the afternoon today figuring out a) what files I absolutely need to keep and 2) how to get them onto my laptop Networking wouldn't work and I didn't feel like burning a billion cd's, luckily I found a way for the computer to recognize my travel drive.
It's hard to delete a whole hard drive. I imagine it would be horrible to have to and not be able to at least salvage somethings. If I knew how and had the patience, I might actually take the time to fix things up, but I don't so I won't.
I might get around to it tomorrow. I have camp from 9am - noon and then rehearsal from 3-midnight.... I will come home in between and then see if I'm motivated to use that time to fix a computer.
I am rather excited about how much better the computer will function once I've gotten rid of the years of junk that's on it.
It's also not that big of a deal because I basically only use my laptop now. I think I might have done the same thing anyway for my parents knowing that I'm leaving. It will be nice and organized and only have the essential programs on there for them. Then if it breaks down, it's their own fault! haha

So yes, as I mentioned, tomorrow is a long day and marks the beginning of official hardcore time! Actually I think it started last week, but I'll ignore that. I think that today was my last day with nothing to do until the end of July. Then I cut loose and go visit my sister for a few days and then I come back for 6 day a week work until I leave home for good.
The intensity of how quickly time will pass over the next month is starting to show itself, but I don't think it's the type of thing I can really prepare for. It will just hit me.

I'm at a funky place where I slept in late, so I've not even been up 12 hours, so I can't go to sleep, but I have a long day that starts early tomorrow, so I SHOULD go to bed relatively early, but who knows. I think I'm going to cut myself off the internet and do some sort of creative work!

Goodnight world!

1 comment:

Julie Kertesz - me - moi - jk said...

The softwares not used, one can get rid easy (but be aware I arrised some essencial stuff last time not knowing which other program use it) but it a lot less easy with what you have done or written

I heard a nightmare story of stolen drive abroad and 20000 photos lost in a few minutes, one does not make enough savegard any time,

but I have also a portable, with problem of opening with staff and it is there waiting for me to do something about it,

I just found a comment of you in last years Retro Blog note, thank a lot: even from so long distance it made an echo in me, again