Tuesday, July 31, 2007

damned cookies!

I hadn't seen or eaten these cookies for years; we used to buy them all the time years and years ago. They are delicious and addictive. The only bad thing about them is that they leave your mouth really dry.
I suppose I ate to many of them last night and didn't drink enough water before going to bed because when I woke up this morning, my mouth was super dry and my throat was actually hurting from dehydration. I've been drinking lots of water since waking up and now I'm starting to feel better. I'll keep drinking and have a high-sodium lunch and then I think all will be well.
The bad thing about being dehydrated - at least as far as I have noticed - is that it makes my sugars less responsive to insulin; they stay longer on the higher side. It becomes a catch-22 because elevated sugars use up more of your bodies hydration in attempts to clean those excess sugars out of the blood.
Regardless, I'm on the road to recovery.

Tonight I'm very excited to hang out with 2 good friends that I haven't seen enough of lately: one because he lives in Hong Kong and the other because.... well I haven't a good reason, I guess I'm just a bastard. Nevertheless, tonight will be a good time.

I've been working a little this morning at the piano - playing around with some parts of the film music that I'm writing. Things are starting to take shape!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm cookies!
say hi to your good friend from HK for me.