Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm feeling very much disappointed at this moment in the fact that my dance classes need to end after this week.
I've gotten over the overwhelmingness that I experienced in the first classes. I am not as sore after the intense classes, but I still feel myself working as hard or harder. I am also sort of almost catching onto the relation that one must have between their physical body and their mind in order to do the proper things at the proper time ish.
I can tell that I will have learned something after thursday and that I will have gained valuable insight and experience applicable to my playing for dance classes. Nevertheless, I know that even just sticking with the classes for the full 5 weeks would multiply my learnings so much! But alas, I have looked at my schedule many times and there is no way I have time to take any more classes until the last 3 days - at which point the classes will have become too advanced and it wouldn't be of benefit to anyone.
Are you ready for a tease of inspiration? (here it is)
I was reminded today of the original reason that I decided to take these classes: No, it wasn't when I realized the relationship of holding my butt muscles and smiling and how it can actually help me balance. And no, it wasn't the marvelous sense of freedom I had today when one of the moving steps in modern class clicked...
What reminded me of the original reason was one of the jumps in modern - it shifted quickly from side to side. My feet and mind were quick and I actually kept up with the exercise and everyone else in the class. What didn't move so quickly was my belly, which felt like a bowl full of jelly.
My belly ; the real reason I'm taking these summer dance classes!
(tee hee hee)

Dear Belly,
We've had some good times, but I think it's time that we parted. I know it won't be easy, but I think it's for the best. Luckily, these dance classes have shown me that I can push myself even further than I had thought. I intend to work hard, and eventually you will be gone. And take your friend, my ghetto booty, with you!
Sincerely,
Michael

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you show Jonny how to dance when he is in headingley?

Michael Park said...

I'll see what I can do! haha