Tuesday, July 31, 2007

So ya, today I called the apartment manager as per the request of my roommate. They wanted to know my SIN and some other info, presumably so that they can do a credit/criminal records check. I am also going to send my roommate a cheque for my first months' rent!
The only thing to worry about now is how I am going to get out there and under what circumstances.
This apartment is available on Sept. 1st, no earlier. The original plan was that my parents would drive me out the last week of August because my dad needs to be back for the beginning of Sept. Now you see the problem. This also means that I won't have much time to settle in before things start with school. Oh well, that's a luxury I never really expected to have.
The other issue I had started to ignore when I thought I was living somewhere partially furnished was what stuff I'm going to take and how I would get it there. I am now moving to a completely unfurnished 2br apt. I will have to talk to my roommate and figure out what he has and what I need to bring. I have a feeling that this is going to be a little costly. It's back to the drawing board of making a list of things I absolutely need to bring for each room.

In other news I saw the Simpsons movie tonight. It was good, but I wasn't super impressed. I'm not sure of exactly what I was expecting, but it didn't quite meet those vague expectations. I just don't think that the show/characters fit well with the big kinda story/shenanigans. I do enjoy when they make the episodes grandiose, but they weren't able to translate that same energy onto the big screen. With that said, it still had the classic Simpsons wit and humour that you come to expect.

No comments: