Saturday, June 30, 2007

So, all of my normal reliable friends are out of town this weekend, or otherwise occupied.
Today I mailed off my entry for a composition competition. They will decide later this summer - the winner gets a thousand dollars and a performance by the choir which sponsors the competition. I entered "Baking with Momma", so here's hoping!
I also bought ballet slippers today, I start my dance classes on tuesday I believe. Unfortunately, I have blisters on my feet because I walked to the dance wear store in terrible shoes with no socks. Ouch!
This evening I've been looking online for apartments in London. I think I've found the one I want - reasonable rent, the place looks really really nice, the landlord sounded very nice, phone/cable/internet, laundry in the basement. It's a house and the rooms are apparently quite large and it's in a quiet neighborhood. I'm not sure about that last point, I would prefer to be living downtown, but that would be out of walking distance. This apartment isn't perfect location, but I think all the places within that happy walking distance are not the type of place I'm looking for.
In terms of numbers (dollar cost), this is near the high end of what I wanted to pay for a place, but looking at the ads on the internet, unless I want to be somewhere dingy, I don't think I'll find something reasonable for less.
Nevertheless, I'm not quite ready to jump on it.... I'll give it maybe another day, see if my sister can go look at the place while she's vaguely in the area....

No comments: