Sunday, June 03, 2007

Wow, my trip is real soon!

I hadn't really been doing a countdown to my trip, but I just realized that I leave for Berlin in like 4 days!
I have put no thought into what I'm taking with me, although it will be as little as possible. I think it's going to be a backpack and a dufflebag type thingy. I need to keep in mind that I will have to lug whatever I have with me through London.
Right now I'm really wishing that I had one of those hiking backpacks that I could just put everything in. I could just check it on the plan and only take the essentials with me for the actual plane ride.
Actually, I think it might be ridiculous to try to do the other way.... the only downside is that it will cost me another 60-100$ for a reasonable quality one. Then I could just shove a messenger bag in there for my daily travel needs. or a FannyPACK!!!
OMG, do you guys remember those!?!
I hated them, but as a diabetic, I had to have stuff on me and that was the only reasonable thing.
Anyway, the backpack I have now that I've been using for school is too big for daily use but I don't think it's big enough to fit a few weeks of clothes in....
therein lies the question... while I'm not, I'm basically backpacking to Germany, so I should only take the bare minimums. Maybe there's a task for tomorrow, see how much I can fit in the backpack and then see if that is enough to last.
Actually, I think I've decided, I'm only taking that backpack and I'm only going to take what fits! I'm just reasoning out that it will save me time if I don't have to check in luggage, but then I realized that I paid 10pounds sterling to check a bag... oh well. Maybe if I buy lots of stuff there I can use that as my checked baggage.
Enough of that talk, I made a decision and now it's all good!

Tomorrow starts my last stint accompanying company classes for Winnipeg's Contemporary Dancers. In terms of my professional work with dance, it is certainly the most fulfilling. Working with professional dancers is so rewarding; they respond to the music with the honesty that I see in little children, but with technique that allows them to take in and transfer what that music sounds like into a representation of how they feel it should look. Anyway, I'll be playing their morning classes with the guest choreographer until thursday, I would have liked to do friday as well, but alas I will be flying into jolly old England at that time!

Oh, so much excitment!

No comments: