Monday, June 04, 2007

super-duper excitement happy!

OK, so I never got around to putting things in my backpack to see how much will fit... but ya I'm sure it will work out. Although I need to make sure it's under 10 kilo's..... I have no concept of how much that will weigh...I'll have to use a scale.
Playing for dance class today was great. I'm almost not bitter about having to wake up early... but eventually I will have to re-enter the world of the people who actually wake up...
I emailed and called a bit today and I have at least one thing organized so that I feel comfortable leaving it until I get back from Germany. I've decided I'm not taking the Hair music with me because it will take up too much backpack room.
I've looked at it and even worked on some sections so I'll be in a good place for when I start playing rehearsals. Only thing is that I have a drummer and a bass player for the performances... so I need to figure out what I'm going to leave out and whatnot for balance. In all honesty, I'm not sure how much there will be for me to play once the bass line is taken care of... I suppose it leaves me more room for creativity. Anyway, that's all part of the excitement once we start putting the production together.
The big thing about this summer is trying to organize the scheduling of two programs during July... there are 4 days which are absolute conflicts... so I hope things work out there.
A blog reader (I hope she still reads) friend of mine is also going to Berlin later this summer, so I'm trying to think of something I can hide or organize there for her to hunt down.... we'll see how it works out.
I've been doing a fair bit of attempting to improve my German. My memory and retention of the words I'm learning is pretty shitty! Nevertheless, I'll keep trying to learn more all the way up to the point that I arrive in Germany, and from that point on, I'll try my darndest to only sprechen Deutsche!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she does still read!!!

Michael Park said...

Oh, I love you anonymous!
Your dedication as a reader is admirable, and I shall reward it with some sort of elaborate Berlinian hooliganery!