Saturday, June 23, 2007

Treasure Hunt

So as you may know, my time here in Berlin is coming to an end. I think at this point that I can say this has been one of the best trips I have been on. I love Berlin - the people, the buildings, the language. I love Kyle and Kim - as people are all heading in different directions with their lives, I see old friends less and less often and more has changed between encounters than ever before. To see friends in the context which is inspiring these changes is a wonderful experience.

Anyway, over the last few days I have been thinking of how bad I am - I told my secret blog reader who will later be coming to Berlin that I would leave her something in Berlin.... but it was seeming impossible and no opportunities were opening up or jumping into my head. Anyway, last night Kim took me to her favorite restaurant - a bar type place with delicious yet inexpensive food. As we were eating, she pointed out these coasters on the wall and explained that you're supposed to write or draw something on it and then put it up on the wall. Lo and behold - the one she had written on was still there, from 2006- about 1 year ago.

>>>This was the opportunity I was looking for<<<

I present the following treasure hunt for my secret blog reader friend. Below find the clues that you will need to find this marvellous treasure!

History - The Tiergarten is an amazing large park in the middle of Berlin. The name is German for Animal Garden. It was made long ago for the rich people - they would let wild animals run around the park and then they would hunt them - it saved them the hassle of going out into the actual wild.

Your Treasure Hunt takes place just outside the Tiergarten Banhoff Station (S-bahn line 5, 7, or 9- basically any of the S-bahn trains will take you here). The restaurant is literally steps outside of one of the exits. I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but I'm sure you'll find it. If I remember, I might ask Kim what it's called and post that later.

Once at the bar/restaurant, the hunt begins. Be careful - you may encounter cows...


or maybe even moose....

But don't be too afraid. If you feel like you may wet your pants, you can always go...



Here is what you are looking for - it is very close to those three signs. Sadly, I will not still be holding it, but I think you'll survive. Word to the wise - the bartender thought I was crazy for ordering Amaretto and diet coke... so maybe stick with the basics like Wein und Bier.

Gutes Gluck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael Park, you have made my day!! The official coaster hunt is on - I will do my darndest to make you proud. Though I'm going to try really hard not to wet my pants....but I'm just so excited!!

Michael Park said...

Yay! I hope you enjoyed the fact that I make apparent efforts to keep your anonymity, yet I post a picture with your name blatantly written on it!

Anonymous said...

love it!!