Monday, June 11, 2007

So, Ich bin im Berlin! Es ist shoen, aber nicht so schoen auch. Ich liebe meinem Freunded Kyle und Kim.
Ich bin Deutsche. Das Leitungswasser ist mein lieblings Wasser!

Anyway, the room temperature here has been a steady 26 degrees C, so it's hard to cool down anywhere. Outside in the sun, it has been well over 30 degrees. (Why do I insist on travelling in the summer - it's too hot. I should learn to only travel north in the Summer and south in the Winter).
Things are going great. I've met some of Kyle's friends, I'm trying to immerse myself in German, learning a few new words into my vocabulary a day, but getting far more used to hearing the language being spoken- I think that's the biggest problem for me is hearing the language and trying to pick out those bits that I understand and understand the context in which they are used.
I've booked a trip to Paris next week from tuesday to friday - I'm so excited. At the moment, I am associating being foreign with not understanding what people are saying. At least in Paris, I'll understand a good chunk and I'll be capable of communicating. My communication right now is comprised of silly statements that attempt to use the new vocab I am trying to learn. Let's face it - I am not good at German, though Kyle is especially supportive of my efforts!
Enough for now, I'll post more about things as they come up!

1 comment:

Jonathan Evans said...

It's called summer! You're not allowed to bitch about the heat unless it's 30+ with a humid index of 1000%. Oooh sounds like somewhere I live......