Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Home, safe and sound.

I'm home. I didn't get a chance to see the Jolly Old Town of London though last night, by the time we got into the hotel it was 6pm and then there was dinner at 6:30 pm and it would have cost 25Pounds to take the train into the city and back, and I had to wake up early for the flight anyway. Excuses excuses, but it just wasn't meant to be.
The flight itself was great, 4 movies, 4 rounds of complimentary beverages (ie. liquor) and 2 meals and the most pleasant staff I'd had on a plane. They were really trying to make sure we would not hate them for the delay - but it was only an extra night to the trip.
After the dinner last night, I drank with some of the other young people.... SO EXPENSIVE to drink in a London airport hotel!
Long story short - all is well!

In other news, I checked my mail today and there were actual letters from the University which explained some of what the email caused me to be confused about. I bitched too soon. Everything is peachy-keen! Funding situation for next year is even a little better than I had expected.

For now, I'm going to put photos from my trip onto the computer, do some laundry and then return Kyle's luggage and Kim's clothes, and then maybe hang out with some friends, but generally have an early night and then I'll be all good for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for an amazing trip! welcome home!