Friday, June 01, 2007

This summer seems to be about tying up some loose ends and doing some things I've always wanted to do that I'd never gotten around to..... in some way or another.
I've always wanted to hang out at the Woodbine, but it's proved too skeezy for my friends and it probably wouldn't be too safe, but a friend of mine actually lives in the same strip of main street and his building shares the parking lot with them, so hanging out there tonight was probably as close as I'll get... It wasn't skeezy though, it was quite a nice time.

Also, I've been going for late night walks the last few days, as in 1am or later. anyway, it's getting me off my ass AND I'm getting to walk around the community that I've always lived in but never really explored enough.... sure I did when I was a kid, but I was smaller, so I didn't go too far - by the time I got a little older, I only went where I needed to go, and as efficiently as possible. Once I started using the bus and car, it's amazing how you don't walk anywhere anymore. by amazing I mean disgusting. I've been such a lazy person since I finished high school and I'm not being mean to myself, just pointing out the fact - and it's a good thing to realize. The distance I've been walking according to standards of the last few years.... I never would have considered walking to say Unicity mall, I would drive there, which in light of the last few days seems ridiculous.
I also love the night. The air is so much more refreshing at night. And tonight and yesternight it was wet in the air and in the grass - a beautiful smell.

I'm finishing up my statement of career goals. ignore what I've said the last post or two - I'm not having to bullshit at all, I do know what I want to do in my life/career and it does sound professional and exciting. I'm not saying that I've simply been procrastinating, I think I've really needed this time to think things through and to understand not just the route my life will go on, but more where I stand right now and HOW I feel about that place and stance.

No comments: