Friday, June 27, 2008

I finally got around to regretfully declining two wedding invitations. I would have loved to have gone to both of them, and visit friends and family in the prairies while at it, but not so much.

The weddings are further apart than I thought, so my hopeful plan of two weddings in one trip was dashed - I would have had to reject one invitation either way.

It's time to remind myself of a fact of life - I am bad with money!
I had convinced myself that I was doing better than I was. Today I took an inventory of what I have and what I need to pay; by the end of the summer, with this job, I will only be $33 in the red, ignoring student loans altogether.
Mostly the rest of the summer will be a balance between paying off credit card while having fluid cash available for things like deposit for new apartment.
Next year will have a very different feeling. All this year, I didn't work. I just had my money and student loan in savings and slowly let it dwindle. Next year will be the opposite - I will start from zero (-33) and be living paycheck to paycheck - yet another step into the real world, haha.
In general, I dislike the whole concept of money, but I suppose it is necessary in the world we live in.

Ok, no more talking about finances. I know it's not very interesting, but it helps me to keep things in cheque... hahaha!

No comments: