Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I looked at thesis proposals today - such a variety of detail, quality, planning - it seems like there will be a fair bit of leeway. Nevertheless, I took notes of the basic structures and information I need to have; basically, I need to have started writing the piece before I can actually do the proposal. All of them had some musical examples and decisions having been made on harmonic language and structure.
Anyway, I got the idea today and tomorrow I will draw up an outline to which I can add and expand as necessary.

I got the schedule today for the Improvising Workshop that I am attending in Vancouver next week.
I knew it was going to be an intense 7-days, but wow! For each day, they have events/workshops/rehearsals from 9 or 10 am until 10 pm. While it makes for long days, it should make for a really tight group of improvisers. We have long breaks for lunch and dinner, so the people that eat together improvise together!
I made a poor decision in booking my flight home. I fly home at 7:30 pm and the final event of the week finishes at 5pm. I won't get to go to the windup party afterwards - I really should have stayed another night. I would be willing to pay the 40$ charge for changing my flight, but I would also have to pay the difference which is significant due to the fact that I bought my ticket on the last day before the new surcharges were added.
Perhaps I'll regret it on the day, but I'm not going to change it now. I'll be spending 12 hours ish a day with everyone for 7 days - that should be enough.

No comments: