Saturday, June 14, 2008

Today's been an extremely laid back day.

I started the day with Timmy Ho's and then I met my choreographer to discuss the thesis project. At first it seemed that we were going to be batting heads with ideas, but eventually we realized that we were both attempting to say very similar things. This is part of the collaborative element - learning to actually listen, rather than imply things from what the other party is saying.
We now both have things to go on and we will next meet with the dancers to do some improvisation stuff. In the end, we both left this morning feeling excited about things!


On my way home, I bought a father's day card and some travel shampoo/soap.

Other than that, I've been doing laundry and packing and - yep, that it's it!

I checked the forecast for the week in Vancouver and I am beyond happy - the daily highs are between 14-20!! This is my happy temperature. It's a good thing I checked, I was planning on bringing only 2 pairs of shorts. While I would have been comfortable in that, now I'm going to bring a pair of pants as well as a pair of shorts - I can be comfy in any weather!

I'm packing relatively light and not bringing my computer, which means I can bring more in my carry-on. While it's certainly not a vacation, it feels much more like I can just leave my life at home and go away for a week. I am very, very excited for this week for so many reasons that I've touched on before.

Ok, there's still a bit to do tonight and I need to have an early night - sleeping in for my 7 am flight would be a ridiculously expensive mistake.
Oh ya, the hostel has internet access, so I'll likely post once or twice.

No comments: