Monday, June 02, 2008

The problem with staying up late is that when you have to fast for blood work... you don't get to eat until later in the afternoon...
I made an appointment for a full physical this Friday (I can't remember the last time I went to a doctor for just a regular non-diabetes related checkup) so I had my blood taken today.

I think I'm going to implement a lifestyle change where I don't eat within 2 hours (ideally 3) before sleeping. I've heard it's good to do for the metabolism in general, but it also ensures that my sugars are stable before I go to bed. If I eat and take insulin right before going to bed, I'm not able to control or check on them while sleeping.
I recall from my CGM week, that my sugars stayed level during sleep, so I'm not worried about overnight lows - if anything, this will lower their occurrence.

Other News

Due to lack of funding, I'm going to stick with my PC for another .... few years probably. Unfortunately the computer is running slowly. I need to wipe it, but I can't find a bunch of installation disks particularly the WindowsXP one, which might be necessary- I know I have them all in one place.. but I can't find it. It might actually be in Winnipeg. I really want to wipe it clean NOW, but I can't function without these programs... Oy, I'll keep looking.

No comments: