Sunday, December 21, 2008

I love my puppy niece!

Olive is such a delightful puppy niece!  She is filled with energy and spasticity.  She's also adorable and cuddly when she is tuckered out.

We're having Festivus tomorrow.  I intended to host again this year, but just like last time, I'm ghost hosting at Kyle's house - it's much roomier, and trying to control Olive during a dinner party would be a nightmare.  Festivus is coming together very last-minute, so who knows how many people will actually attend.

It shouldn't, but it does surprise me how quickly this month, this term, this year has gone by.  Let's not even mention the thesis...

I've ordered more infusion sets, and they'll arrive here tomorrow or Tuesday.  Tomorrow, I need to change my infusion site, and guess what - it's my last set... so I can't afford for it to not work.  This is cutting it perhaps a little close for comfort.
I've been on a regimen vacation for the last week.  Correcting has helped a bit, but I've not been as accurate with carb counting, and eating close to sleeping once again has caused problems.... I knew there was a reason I vowed to stop.
I know people always say they eat more around the holidays, but I've seen a tangible scale - My average daily insulin usage while in London was around 75 units - since Winnipeg, it's averaging more like 90.... oopsie.  Well, some days were really high, but today was only 63 units.

Winnipeg is cold.  I went tobogganing with some friends yesterday and it was super fun, until our faces couldn't handle the cold burning anymore.  I think it was -30 with windchill feeling like -47, but I'm likely exaggerating, a bit.  We bought 3 dollar crazy carpet things and had the time of our lives!

No comments: