Thursday, December 18, 2008

In Winnipeg for the holidays.

When I walked out of the airport, I was prepared for the worst. Yes, it was damned cold, but I liked it. There's something about the Winnipeg cold that I like. I guess it feels like home. Sure, I love to bitch about the cold, but I think I still prefer it to the humid crap bucket that is London in the winter.
My trip to Vancouver was great. Even though my host Jon had a crippling 'nass' injury, we were still able to do lots of fun things.
I haven't been terribly social since getting into Winnipeg. I spent time with my alway-out-late-at-night friend late-at-night after I flew in, but other than that, I haven't seen any friends. Actually, I spent some great quality time with Petra - my 5'8" 50 year old Czechoslovakian love of my life. She was tuned on the morning of my arrival, so she sounded gorgeous! I really do miss my piano, and piano in general. I hope that whatever next year brings, we will be reunited, or I will at least be able to play lots.
Ok, company has just come over so I need to socialize with friends of the family.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments: