Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

It's a day late, but festive greetings to all!
I guess it's not a day late, but my family celebrated Christmas a day early because my sister went out of town. Dinner was on Tuesday, and we did presents and such on the 24'th. Today, I did pretty much nothing, but played with Olive and did a minuscule bit of composition.

I'm rather happy with the things I got for Christmas this year; I had requested less 'stuff' and 'junk' because I don't have much luggage room to carry it home with me. Some highlights:
-Leather messenger bag/satchel for laptop and general work stuff
-A really nice blazer/sportscoat
-A sweatervest (*)
*So, I doubt she still reads this blog, but a long time reader and I had a special bond over our performance clothing. For pretty much all performances in our first 2 years of music school, she would wear her performance broach, and I would wear my performance vest. It was a plain black sweater vest with a light white trim on the arms and waist. Because of belly growth and structural decay of the sweater vest, I threw it out. This new one is just all black. In recent years, I've been thinking that I needed one for those performances when a button down just won't suffice, and I don't feel like wearing a jacket. Long story short, I like the sweatervest very much.

Family time has been good over the holidays. The time went by very quickly, and of course I haven't done as much composing as I needed to. Nevertheless, there are a few days left and I will make the best use of them.

This year, I put much less effort into being social while in Winnipeg. I've still seen quite a few people, and I'm wondering if I've missed out on anyone. It's hard to say - sure, I could see more people, but at the same time, I could do with seeing fewer people.
Anyway, there are but a few days left before my exciting train journey back home, so I will make the best of it. YAY!

3 comments:

Jonny Talbot said...

Sounds like you had a fun Christmas. Good for you taking the train Michael! I'm proud of you. People need to start taking the train more often these days.

The Illustrious D said...

I love you in a sweater vest, Michael. I'll make sure that the broach girl is made aware of your ongoing commitment to knits.

Anonymous said...

she still reads!! hasn't worn a brooch in a while but she still reads!!