Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tonight is my last night in Vancouver.  The time here has been short and sweet.
We did a fair bit of shopping, saw some different parts of the city and most importantly, I got to spend some quality time with Jon and Mai -who were wonderful hosts!

I fly tomorrow evening to Winnipeg, but I'm not excited about the fact that the weather will be around forty below when I arrive, and staying quite cold for the entire week...  As winter has been known to do, this will be a cold visit to my hometown.

I did a wee bit of Christmas shopping here in Vancouver, but I need to do all of my Christmas shopping once I get to Winnipeg.  My suitcase was full enough on my way here,
[This is the suitcase that must be around 40 years old now - it is a hard case blue suitcase with a wonderful duck sticker on it.  It was/is my dad's but I adopted it as my own even though it's not really big enough to fit much in.  Long story short, the front of the suitcase got dented this trip.  I didn't overfill it and it was no fault of my own, but I suppose it had to happen sooner or later.]
but now that I've bought a new light winter jacket best suited for London/Vancouver/non-Winnipeg weather, I'm going to have to struggle to cram everything in somewhere.
For the return part of my trip, I'll switch to a larger suitcase, as I hope to receive/boxing day shop for some new clothes.
I have no idea what to buy for people, but this year it will definitely be done on a conservative budget.  Oh yes, and with love!

No comments: