Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yesterday was, indeed a long day of travel.    
I worked at 10am playing ballet classes.  By the time I got home, I had one and a half hours to pack and get ready.  The last few minutes were a scramble, as they always are, to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything.
I took a shuttle service from London to the Toronto airport which got me there in great time.  From the time I arrived at the airport, it was approximately 6 minutes until I was through security and I had over an hour until my boarding time.  The flight boarded late, but left pretty much on time. 
  The flight itself was pretty good.  I talked for a good chunk of it with my neighbour, and it was really good airplane conversation.  I didn't get any sleep on the plane really, but kinda sorta nodded off during SNL.  By the way, it was actually a pretty good episode last night.  I haven't watched SNL in years because it has been so disappointing.  Perhaps, there is a turnaround in effect.
  We arrived on time in Vancouver and my luggage was one of the first to come off the ramp, so I went straight outside to wait in line for a taxi. I waited for a while, and people were impatient.  There was a woman whose job it was to organize taxi rides.  I felt so bad for her, because everyone was so impatient and rude to her.  Apparently because of some snow, there were a few accidents, and there was no traffic getting in or out of the island where the airport is.  I came inside and wasted some time on the internet, but eventually decided to wait in the line which had grown to about 50 people.  Most people left the line at some point because we kept being told that it would be a long time, and it was.  Having arrived at 11am, I did not get a taxi until 2:30am - 5:30 London time.
  Now I'm here at my friends Jon and Mai's apartment!  They are wonderful hosts and I had a great sleep, eventually.
  Yay Vancouver!

No comments: