Friday, October 05, 2007

It feels like I'm going to have 2 separate weekends this weekend. I am going to my uncle's house for thanksgiving dinner on Monday. I'm leaving on Sunday morning, but I still have basically a whole weekend before that time even comes.
Tomorrow, I'm going to spend the whole day working on composition. I didn't really have much for my composition lesson this week, so I need to have quite a bit for next lesson (in a week and a half) - it's a matter of getting started on this Piano Trio piece I need to write.
I also need to get a fair bit of conceptual thinking and planning underway for the Autumn piece I am going to write for my friend Andrea. Then there is the matter of finishing the piece for the dance film.
None of these things need to be done by the end of the weekend, but I can feel that I've been sitting on my haunches for long enough, it's time to move ahead.
Right now is definitely the time to be getting inspiration for the Autumn piece, so many leaves and trees changing colour. Actually I'm going to go outside and collect some leaves to record right now. My theory is that if I slow down a recording of a leave crunching, I will get a rhythm that I can use for the piece. I'm not sure if I will be using the actual recorded sound as part of the piece, but who knows.
I'll post about how that turns out!

No comments: