Friday, October 12, 2007

People who send things through couriers are assholes. Sure, thanks for whatever you're trying to send me, but fucking send it through Canada Post! At least they can put it in my box or leave it at the post office rather than me having to take three busses to pick up a bloody package, and watch - it'll be a huge box! FiddleSticks!
And the courier people call me and leave these messages trying to belittle me for not having psychically sent her my buzz code and then again for not having a working buzzer!! Fuck you bitches!
If I'm bloody well going to buss out to the airport to pick up my package, it had better be flying on a jet pa-lane!
Couriers only work for people who sit around on their front porches all day waiting for the courier to come - I can't do that, I don't have a porch!

In other news, London is filled with delightful people. I'd say about 60% of the time, even when people exit the bus through the back door, they yell thank you to the driver. They also hold doors open for people.

I'm almost done with SSHRC. I'm going to aim to have it completely finished tomorrow (leaving the option for one more last minute edit). My choreographer today helped me to edit it and gave some super awesome suggestions. My poor Program of Study, it's been revised more times than.... well a lot. I've pretty much taken everyone's advice, so it looks much different every time I fix it up. Luckily everyone who has helped me has been very helpful! HelpityHelp!

Today we spent our class time for Electroacoustic music in the recording studio, I recorded leaves - scratching against each other, crunching, crumbling and having some kind of death match. Also the sounds of a kazoo, diet coke, and duct tape. These are the sounds that I will be using to make a piece of music later in this course.

But don't forget, I hate couriers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also hate couriers like that. Although i've never had to go out to the airport, just the bus station. ick.
I wrote an entry just for you today! So go read it. There is also a post before it to read, i had to block it for a little while for the obvious reasons, but enough time has passed it can be public. So go read it. yeah!

Jonathan Evans said...

Couriers are designed to work only for people who have jobs, as they only deliver during the day usually. Who sent you this package? Tell them you aren't at home during the day. Do you have a studio/office/room at school? I always got stuff sent to me at my job in Calgary and it worked out awesome, cause Canada Post are also a bunch of idiots who I'd rather not deal with.