Thursday, March 19, 2009

Go here.
It's been a while since I've knit anything, but now I'm back at it.  I also knit another one besides the one up for auction.  I'll probably put it up for auction as well -  it's a little more seductive than the first.

I'm starting to do my taxes, but I'm missing one of my T4 slips.  Other than that, I have all the other information.

I had a meeting with another pump nurse the other day.  Long story short - she says things aren't good enough and wants to start fresh.  I told her I didn't feel comfortable with the process we went through the first time, so I want to try doing fasts to set basal rates rather than messing around with guess-work.  She is willing to help me with it, so that's what I will be doing over the next while.  I'm starting with overnight testing which doesn't involve any extra fasting because you don't eat while you sleep.
The problem with doing an 8 hour fast is that it can only start once the food and insulin is completely out of your system, ie 4 hours later...   This means that I should be fasting for the first 4 hours of my waking life as well, rather than just the 8 hours of sleeping.  I'm not a big breakfast person anyway, so it shouldn't be too difficult.  The other problem is that my sugar has to be stable before going to bed, meaning I can't eat or take insulin for 4 hours before going to bed.  oy!

No comments: