Sunday, March 08, 2009

The photo shoot wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but I didn't know what to expect.  Anyway, I didn't get to see any of the proofs before I left, and since the studio was doing so many photos (staff AND all the performance troupes) they just pick the best one from each set, so I won't get a choice.  I really wasn't feeling that photogenic today when I woke up with two little zits.  Goddam! What, am I in high school again?!?  Oh no, in high school it was much worse, haha!  Anyway, I was in and out within a few minutes, but I stuck around and gabbed a bit and ate a banana chocolate chip muffin that one of the moms baked.  Likely, it won't have been worth my time, but I'll wait until I see the delightful fluffy-cloud background.  That's right, they had a fluffy-cloud and blue-sky background...

I wore in my new wine glasses this weekend.  I wasn't drinking completely alone, so the Little Penguin Shiraz is now gone and the Pinot Noir is well on it's way.

I had been doing SO well with productivity, but this weekend I got a visit from my old friend... unavoidable procrastination!  I've felt so guilty, which makes it even worse.
As it stands, my goal to have the concerto structurally complete tonight is not going to happen.  I've been making some key decisions, so I know what I need to do, but it has been like pulling teeth to get any of it down on the computer.

I had the oddest dream last night, or this morning.. it was right before waking up:
details are fuzzy, but it was the day I had to submit to the conductor and I still wasn't done.  I was at Unicity Mall (a mall from my childhood) as it existed when I was still in middle/elementary school.  I don't remember much else, but I know Dolly Pardon was there and she kindly declined my pleading for her to drive me to the school so I could submit on time...
Ya - that makes no sense, but oh well - that's a dream for you!
Nevertheless, Dolly and I must have been talking about the piece because when I woke up, I went straight to the computer and made the edits that Dolly and I had apparently talked about.

Even in my sleep, there is no escaping this thesis.

I talked to my sister on the phone today, after she drunk dialed me last night at about 1 am.  It was wonderful, she showed a keen interest in what I am working on and we actually had an intelligent conversation about it.  I taught her a lot about the orchestra and how composers can begin to combine the instruments thereof to make different sound qualities.  While other people in my family have tried to be interested, they've lacked the necessary knowledge-base to even begin explaining some of the things I've been working on.

Ok, now for a productive rest of the evening!

No comments: