Sunday, March 15, 2009

Last night just after 4am, I finished my first full round of edits on my thesis including:
-adding dynamics
-fixing notation that was confusing
-lots of formatting
-adding a new layer to my second movement (now it's complete)
mumbly mumbly, what's the point of putting more detail down? nobody reads this blog anymore and even the ones who ever did, didn't care about the mind numbing details.

The point is that I am very close to a point at which I can hand the piece over to the conductor.  I still plan to do more editing to make it even better today, but it's pretty much finished!
Even less than a week ago, I would have thought that I would be working right up until the last minute trying to finish the piece, possibly leaving integral things undone, and not being able to pay attention to the fine details.  In reality, I will be working up until the last minute with fine adjustments.
 I am really happy with the first, second and fourth movements.  My goal for today is to perfect the third movement.  It currently makes musical sense and it's not bad, but it just doesn't flow the way I imagined it.  Whatever it needs to be finished has eluded me for the last little while, so I'm going to hope for some inspiration to hit me today.

Ok, back to work!

No comments: