Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sleep pattern = getting later and later...  Staying up late to work on the thesis was one thing, but now that I don't have things to wake up for in the morning, the late nights are just counterproductive.

For this last week, I've been trying to do my overnight fasts.  I've gotten only one or two nights with useable info.   Nevertheless, the overnights I've gotten have shown that things are safe and comfortable.
Ways to screw up an overnight fast:
-having a low before bed
-drinking alcohol
-exercising close to bed
-forgetting to not eat for 4 hours before bed
-changing the infusion set within 9 hours of bed...(my infusion sites tend not to work for 5 hours, so then I have to wait for the insulin to be out of my system after correcting)

There are just too many ways to ruin it.  I need to buckle down and just do it for a few nights in a row this week.  The next one I need to do is my late afternoon/evening one.  With some of the numbers I've been getting, the basal rate is either way too high or way too low.
Also, the way my sugars are behaving with some of my meals, rather than fixing the insulin for them, I'm thinking of just swearing off french fries for good.
I NEED to get my basals confirmed by fasting soon.  I'm starting to second guess all of my carb-counting, even though I know that's not likely the culprit.  Anyway, if I can't do a fast tonight, I will do an evening fast tomorrow.  Breakfast and then a big lunch and then I'll just not eat for as long as I can...YAY!

No comments: