Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm getting fed up with shitty bartenders.

1) It's damn near impossible to get a decent Vodka Paralyzer anywhere in London, Ontario - actually I haven't had a good one anywhere in Ontario.

B) Last night it was a few friends' joint birthday celebration so I ordered them each on of my favourite drinks - a Godfather!  I was firstly disappointed that the waiter had to ask me what was in it, but I told him and assumed that he'd have no problem making this very simplistic drink.  Boy was I wrong.  When I got back from the bathroom, the drinks were sitting in front of me... three shot glasses! YUCK!  How horrible.  I didn't have the patience to ask him to bring glasses with ice, plus at this point in the evening, they just wanted to get the liquor into them so they likely wouldn't have appreciated the drink anyway.  Nevertheless, what the hell?
No bar should ever attempt to run without a standard cocktail recipe book to give them the ingredients, suitable glassware and garnish.

So, after a pretty bland paralyzer and a disrespected godfather, I decided that I should have a glass of wine.  I've been in Ontario for a while now and I felt bad that I'd never tried a local wine... Now I know why I was right.  It was a shitty Cab-Sauvignon and I resent having bought it.  They also used the same wine glasses for both red and white wines, so that should have been a hint that they are a terrible bar, but oh well.
Phooey!

No comments: