Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Holy Schomley, it's hot out there!

It's summer!
I'm not really a big fan of the weather in the summer, although I enjoy the feeling of freedom that flows through the air.
Nevertheless, yesterday and today I spent some time outside and enjoyed it a lot.
Yesterday Fi and I went fishing. Humane fishing really... we didn't use bait, we didn't use hooks... mind you we didn't even use fishing line. We took fishing poles and threaded them with knitting yarn. At the end of the line, we attached stuffed toys - the benefits were endless: Everytime we tossed the line out... we brought something back.. well except for the time that fi had given up on the fishing pole and then let go of the string.... The other benefit was that we didnt harm any fish, but we still had the fun associated with fishing. I got some good pictures of the crazy antics that can be expected from fi and myself.
Today, I went for ice cream and then a walk with my friend Kimberley. We walked by the creek, walked across the rocks and then Kim picked some flowers. Kim is leaving in a month and a bit to move to Germany. She is not the only one.
I'm not surprised, but a fair amount of my friends from high school are moving away to exciting exotic places. Two of them are moving to Germany, one to Montreal and then another to Hong Kong. I know it's silly, but I'm feeling a little jealous that I'm going to be in Winnipeg for another year(if not two). It's not that I really have the travel bug, rather I just want to be "away". My summer getaway didn't really fill that desire for me; it felt too static, I wasn't really being productive or developping much. Anyway, thats enough feeling sorry for myself.
Now that I'm not tied down for the summer, Fi and I can go on our exciting road trip to Thompson, Mb to visit my sister. We'll probably go on a weekend so it doesn't interfere with Fi's work. I'm super excited to be able to do what I want on a weekend. All summer I've had to play piano on the weekends, now I can go party it up in the boppin social atmosphere of Thompson, Mb! Yippee! I actually am more excited than the sarcasm there should have veiled.
Hmm, enough typing for now.... maybe it's supper time, maybe I'll knit, maybe I'll watch some star trek, who knows!

No comments: