Sunday, July 23, 2006

I love city water

I know it sounds odd, but I really do love the taste of Winnipeg Water.
Out where I was staying this summer, the water was far too salty to drink straight from the tap. The restaurant/bar had a wonderful filtration system that made the water taste much better, but I still prefer the clean taste of mass water filtration with a hint of fluoride. Yummy. Just in case your sarcasm-meter is going off, stop it, I am completely serious.
I had myself a nice little brita water filter so I could drink the water in my little cabin. I also had a kettle fo I could pour the water into that and then into the brita filter - the setbacks of an extremely shallow sink. After not even two months there was a thick build up of salt in the spout of the kettle, and a slime on the inside of the filter basin and on the filter itself. As I didn't have another filter, I washed it off and continued to trust that it was keeping me safe from the natural sludge in the water. It tasted fine enough.
I have been just gulping back the water, now that I am home. With the taste and large effort required to filter my water out there, I was not drinking anywhere near my normal 4 litres of water a day. This is something I have to catch up on over the next little while.
Aside from water, I have also not been eating much lately. The food had been accessible - so no real excuse. It's not just that I haven't been eating much, but I can't eat much. It's not a loss of appetite, I still feel hungry and then eat, but I don't need much to satisfy the craving. I've been getting full quickly lately, which I won't argue with - I'm not gonna keep eating when I feel that way.
Nevertheless, I am no healthier nor have I lost weight this summer - damn the theory I had months ago of being healthy in mind and body...
So far this summer has been a write-off for productivity, but I'm gonna change my ways - you just wait and see!!

No comments: