Sunday, July 09, 2006

quick post... I'm sure I'll tell you before you read it here... but I'm coming back in 2 weeks for the rest of the summer. Long story short - the piano thing was an experiment and the result is that it wasn't successful enough of a business venture. I don't think there are any hard feelings on either part, so I'm gonna move home in two weeks time.
At the moment, I'm in town til thursday, so fun fun fun!
This summer has been marvellous so far. I've learned a lot, met so many interesting and exciting people. It was a beautiful place to live for a few months... but I do miss the city.
I haven't been practicing/composing nearly enough this summer... which I must admit also weighed on my decision to move home. I thought being away and in nature would give me some inspiration or something... but no, I was just distracted by the way of life out there: relaxing and drinking, when you're not working of course.
All in all, I wouldn't trade the last few months for anything and I'm excited to see what the rest of the summer will bring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay excitement! i surely have missed you this summer, but i've missed everyone, which just kinda resulted in a lot of missing of people...
but yay for coming home with some time to relax! oh, and i totally know what you mean about the relaxing and drinking and thus getting nothing done - but now try living in that environment your whole life (well, minus the drinking thing. for the early years anyway). Yeah, that's the reason that i don't get anything done all summer (practicing). Welcome to my world. Im so relieved that someone finally understands now!
can't wait to see you. I'm coming up this week, but i'm not visiting cuz i have no time. But i'll be up once more before moving back, which has been moved up to Aug 21st ish. *stoked*
glad you had fun!!

Michael Park said...

yay, call me cell when you are in town and have time!