Wednesday, July 26, 2006

This set of piano variations I'm working on is driving me crazy, well not really, but ya. How is it that I feel like I've made so much progress on it, but when I look at what I've actually written... it's sadly depressing. Grr! But ya, soon enough I will be done with this silly incubation period I seem to be in, and I'll have it marked down on paper.
Ignoring that rather dreary introduction, today was a pretty marvellous day. I took my mom and Granddad and Great Aunt Jean out for lunch and then we went back to their appartment to see pictures of my granddad's trip out east and then we talked for a while. It impresses me how smart my Great Aunt is, both of them really. I've had a lot of experience with older people, and it's frustrating how closed minded and stubborn they can be. But these two exercise their minds and bodies regularly - and I admire then immensely for it. We talked about the state and value of higher education in North America, touched on the situation overseas, and of course we talked about the apparent lack of traditional parenting skills amongst the younger generation these days.
Tonight I went to the neighborhood coffee shop with my friend Cara and her boyfriend Dat. While it was a relatively short night, I always enjoy spending time with them.
Well, it's nearly half past eleven, but I don't think I'm done for the evening. I wonder what further trouble I can get into tonight...

No comments: