Monday, July 10, 2006

I'm already preregistered for school - long before registration has started. I just told the registraar which courses I needed and she will do it for me. Luckily they she needed to find some random students to register beforehand to make sure that everything is hunky-dory. Now I don't have to worry about my registration date and time or missing it or whatnot. And things are all set, I will be prepared for graduation by the end of the year.
Tonight I think I might practice at the school. I need to be productive and I always seem to run into some people when I poke my head in there. I haven't been getting my regular dose of schoolness this summer... perhaps due to lack of school.
I'm excited for tomorrow. The only point of business while I'm here this week is an orientation for a mentorship program that I will be volunteering in the fall. I'm excited to put my life experience as a diabetic to some good use. I also haven't done nearly enough volunteering over the last while - meaning my whole life, really - so I look forward to getting involved in this project.
I should also look for some work to fill the rest of the summer up. By good furtune, I got myself 2 weeks of work during august with a musical theatre camp with one simple phone call. I should make some more of those and find some more things to do to make money once I relocate back to the city. I'm thinking I might try to find some work as a waiter or something, but with those two weeks in the middle of August, my availability won't be so great. I think I'll stick to finding random music-ish gigs to make some quick cash. So if anyone knows of any weddings or accompanying work.... let me know please.

No comments: