Saturday, July 29, 2006

Well, the fringe festival is coming to a close. I was fairly bummed out about thinking I was gonna miss it when I was at work, but now that I was here and able to see it... I didn't really see a lot. I'm going tonight to see one, but I dunno. It's improvised sketch comedy.... which I'm always a little leary about...with good reason. True - it can be extremely entertaining when done well, but I have never seen it done at a non-professional level. True - it can be extremely gruelling and painful when it is not done well. I have a feeling that tonight will be closer to that edge of the spectrum, but I will go with an open mind and at least give it a chance.
I think the reason I'm not jumping at the idea to see more and more plays is that I saw a really really great one the other night. The acting was superb and the writing was wonderful, it was able to call upon strong emotions in the audience without straying too far from the comic goal. I would much rather have ended off this year's fringe festival with that in mind. Oh well.
There's still Folklorama coming up - always a good time with ethnic food and drink and.... hmm, I'm trying, but I'm really not that excited about anything this summer. Maybe this road trip will change things around.
Im leaving sunday evening on this exciting journey, who knows when I will return!

No comments: