Sunday, July 23, 2006

I have moved home for the rest of the summer.
Never have I felt so much like the people I was leaving will genuinely miss me.
Anyway, long story short - I had a great time and spent it with great people this summer. I am glad that I worked out of town this summer, and I will miss those people dearly, but I am excited to be back in the city and can't wait to get to work on practicing and composing.
A few weeks back I realized something that wasn't so cool, but I won't dwell on it too much-
Being in say a school of music gives you a lot of friends who you see all the time. It's like highschool, some relationships are stronger just because you have no other choice. It's nice to think that you will still stay in touch with some of those friends after school....
While I was out of town, I didn't receive any phone calls or text messages from the people who I thought might have. I'm not going to bitch about how it wouldn't have cost other people any money to have called me, cause I still had a city number... mumbly mumbly.
It's just that sometimes I feel like the pathetic friend that people only talk to when I call them up. I've thought about just not calling people anymore and seeing if anyone actually does care, but the prospect of being interminably lonely isn't all that appealing. although at times, it does.
This is just in my mind because people I said goodbye to today were very adament about me keeping in touch. More than just something people say, they made sure I wrote down my contact info and stuff - it made me wonder how close you can get to a person in a few short months - or three years?
Gah, too much heft for a post in such summer heat.
I'm back in Winnipeg and all is well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one phones me either, and never has. But i don't think it's cause they don't care. The school of music does make us all easily accessable to eachother everyday and that is part of why we have good friends there, but there is more to it. I'm not offended that people never call/called me because i know we all expect to see each other in the fall. And we're all busy. Well, i'm busy at least. Don't loose faith in these people just cause they didn't call you, that's not fair to them or you.
I move home on the 9th. which means yay Tiffy and Mikey reunion! (woot).

Michael Park said...

yay,
no, I haven't lost faith in people, I was just pissy... you know me.
PMS-Pissy Michael Syndrome
I'm excited to have a tiffy-mikey reunion