Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The government almost made a worthwhile improvement...

So, it's getting close to my birthmonth which means that thegovernment is getting ready to rape me for driving again.... But apparently this is the last time the government is going to acknowlege that they aware of my birthday. They are switching over to a new system where everyone in manitoba renews their licenses at the same time!!!! gah! oh well, they seem convinced that it won't cause backlogging and general stupidity, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.
Once immediate benefit is that I only have to pay 18$ at the end of Sept!! Yay me!
I got SO excited when they pamphlet they handed out started talking about this new photocard that you will be getting. I allowed myself to believe that they were switching to a one-piece driver id system... But after checking the website and double checking with a phone rep, it's clear that it will still be a 2-piece id system - just as inconvenient as ever. Especially since they are putting so much effort into this new photocard, it should at least be able to stand as a single piece of id. I understand that for licensing people and police and whatnot, I'll give them 2 pieces, but in terms of just a photo id, I've never understood why you need to give them both parts to be a valid piece of id. Gah, oh well.
It really won't make any difference to me - just another one of Manitoba's gimmicks to make people think they we are effecting real change.... Conveniently, the new picture card has the same ugly Manitoba font that puts it in line with the Spirited Energy branding campaign.

Now on to better stuff. Yesterday I got a haircut... AGAIN! I know, it's getting ridiculous, but I have not enough hair left to get a haircut for quite a while. "So Mikey, why did you get one?" Well Billy, yesterday they were having a fundraiser for both the Humane Society and the Juvenile Diabetes Association - two wonderful causes that are close to my heart and pancreas respectively. With a donation you could get a free haircut by a stylist and a mini massage. I took full advantage of these opportunities and now I have styling hair!!! tee hee I went for lunch with my friend Sandra, and we discovered these flyers so that how we spent our post-luncheon time.

Ooh, I'm applying for a T.A. position at the university. It is for the theory 1 and 2 courses, so it will last the year. And, what better way is there to prepare for grad school entrance exams than relearning the first half of the theory text?!? It will also look good on grad school applications and whatnot.
YAY!

No comments: