Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Well, I had the day off from work and it was very nice and relaxing. Not to say that work is at all stressful, cause it really isn't but today was a very nice day so far. I slept in, which was very nice after last night, and then went for a late lunch with Scotty and Fiona and then came home to knit for a bit. Tonight I'm going to head to the school to take care of some major productivity!
Last night, I went drinking for Scotty's birthday. We went to a local little lounge where they have free unlimited popcorn and then we went for karaoke at the sals, which if I had been sober, I would have been morally opposed to. The only downside to the evening was that even though fiona and I started drinking before going out in an attempt to save money, I still spent about 50 dollars on booze... I can't afford this lifestyle! It was a delightful time with the karaoke... I sang my two standard karaoke numbers:
Tina Turner - Private Dancer
Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On
of course, liquor makes my performance even raunchier than one might expect, but that's all part of the fun. I dedicated both of the songs to Scotty for his birthday and I think he really enjoyed them... maybe even as much as I enjoyed singing them for him. One thing did strike a chord of sadness in me.... As per tradition dating back to my 18'th birthday, I sing the Celine song in her octave. But ever since I started singing tenor 2 or 3 years ago I've noticed little signs that my falsetto is decreasing. Sadly, I have to admit that I can no longer use my falsetto; my dreams of being a countertenor have been ended.
Anyway, the moral of the story is that I had a wonderful time last night. I woke up this morning with a very minimal hangover, and then we went to the Olive Garden for the all you can eat breadsticks, salad and soup combo - quite resaonably priced and very filling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you mean i missed Private Dancer?

*sob*

Michael Park said...

Don't worry, it wasn't the first nor will it be the last time! Wherever there is Karaoke, I will be dancing ney so privately for your enjoyment!
However, this was one of my more uninhibited performances...