Friday, August 11, 2006

Welcome home mikey!

Well, I wasn't really in the city long enough after my job to feel like I was at home, but now I am here more permanently.
As I said, the road trip was wonderful and it was great to see some family and a wonderful city. The scenery along the way was extraordinary and no matter what I say, I'm glad I went.
With that said, I feel so guilty about having gone. I had wanted so badly to make up for my lack of productivity this summer as soon as I got back to Winnipeg, but then there was a road trip and BOOM! there goes another week and a half of not getting anything done that I've needed to this summer.
Oh well.
But now it is time to get my butt in gear.
Next week, on Monday I start working for 2 weeks with the Musical Theatre Camp. I will be working for just 3 hours a day in the afternoon - perfect timing for me as I needn't wake up early and I still have my evenings free. I will also be doing a few mornings, but that's fine.
Since yesterday I've pushed myself to start working on the Bach Fugue and it's starting to move along...slowly. I think I've done enough work on the Beethoven before the start of the year. Now, I'll just do the upkeep on the 1st and 3rd movements- there's other pieces which I have to learn first , namely the Haydn Sonata. I would love to have that one completely learned for the beginning of school, but it's doubtful - rather, I will aim to learn the finale and make some headway on the other movement. What else, Liszt I think will be one of those pieces that I'll make slow consistent progress on. And the MacIntosh piece, I'll get around to that one later. eep.
Composing - eep, I need to do that too. I've gotten my ideas a little more organized for the variations, and I still aim to have that completed or structurally sound in time for my first composition lesson this fall. I think that is pretty much all I can reasonably expect from myself this summer, but if I can get a start on anything else, that would be wonderful.
Anyway, it's good to be back and I'm excited to go back to school next month. Now I just have to do a lot of work so that excitement is warranted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back!