Saturday, August 26, 2006

My sister came in last night from Thompson. I'm so proud of her, she is doing the MS bike tour from Stonewall to Gimli today, and then the return trip tomorrow. She raised about 600$ for such a great cause! And also the fact that she's doing a bike marathon - that's no easy feat.
I got to hang out with her a little last night, and finally got to hear some things about her road trip this summer. My parents also went to Gimli to volunteer for the bike tour.
It is so quiet in the house, and I love that! Since getting back for the summer, my dad has had a lot of days off and my mom's work situation is a little unstable to say the least, so I haven't had many days with the house to myself.
This is nice, but it means I have no car for the weekend. Therefore I had to turn down an accompanying gig at the same church, because I'm not going to wake up super early to bus across the city. I would have liked to have been able to drive tonight, so Jon could be free to celebrate his last few days in Winnipeg/Canada, but I guess we'll have to make do. Other than that, I'm used to the bus, so it's not a big deal.
Tomorrow evening, I'm going to a dance improvisation thing! I met with a couple people from a Winnipeg Dance collaboration group and it went very well. We talked vaguely about the dance community, performing arts in Winnipeg. They're open to having me take part in the jams and some collaboration opportunities too. As I'm sure I have mentioned, I'm very excited about this opportunity for learning and experience.
Yippee

No comments: