Friday, January 18, 2008

Electro prof gave a quick look over our scores that we submitted today in class and he seemed quite pleased.
He was the same prof that I talked to yesterday about my thesis project; he is a potential adviser. We talked about some of the perceived concerns that I've had and he seems to think that there is nothing really that would stand in my way of doing the dance collaboration project. I have a meeting set up with the other potential adviser for next week and hopefully that will go just as well. It was really good to talk about some of the expectations of the thesis project and the process.

I'll be honest; I did not end up making the best use of my extra time that I had by finishing those projects somewhat early. I've had some creative spurts, but nothing too extravagant- I guess I'm at square one for the weekend. I hung out with some of the other composers today and it seems that everyone is in the same scenario. Orchestral readings are coming up, both for our class and the thesis pieces as well as any variety of other projects that people have on the go. It was really nice to sit and talk with my colleagues in the midst of the business; I got the impression that we were all happy to revel in the conglomerate stress of this time of year. The general plan for the weekend was to be hermits and only emerge victoriously on Monday morning.

And now, it's time to be a hermit.

No comments: