Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, it's a new year today.
I drank last night.
It's been quite a while since I had been that inebriated. I always find it surprising that I never forget my nighttime insulin, no matter how much I drink. Knowing how nasty it would be to have no insulin in your system as well as lots of alcohol, I'm glad that I don't forget.
Still, last night was a little bit hazy and when I awoke this morning, I wasn't quite sure if I had or not, so I went to my bag to look; it wasn't there. Long story short, I left my bag at the party. Without my bag, I wouldn't be able to look at the amount of insulin left to see if I had taken the shot the night before. After a few hours, I could tell by the way my sugars reacted to my short-acting insulin that I had indeed taken my dose. Furthermore, I discovered that my insulin was in my jacket pocket - and it proved my case.
The other point of confusion this morning was my glasses... where were they? Upstairs. When I was living here, I always left them in the same place, on the little table upstairs, but since I've been back, I've always taken them downstairs with me. It's a small detail, I know, but it's closer to what I do in London, representing the fact that this is no longer my home -this is a good thing. It's not that I feel out-of-place here, it's just that things are different.
Anyhoozle, I'm only in Winnipeg for today and tomorrow, then I fly back on Thursday morning. The amount of visiting and socializing I've done has been amazing, but still I wasn't able to see everyone.
I did a big chunk of work on one of the Autumn songs yesterday and I'll do more this afternoon, things are looking promising!

No comments: