Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's been a busy week. This whole week, I have had classes or a meeting or something every morning- what a contrast to last term.
Orchestration is now out of the way, at least the first term project. The reading went fine and I learnt a fair deal from it. The conductor was good enough to make a bunch of markings in my score of some general things. Overall, the prof seemed quite pleased with the way our projects turned out.
This term, I have an academic course which involves prep time between classes as it is a seminar. Also, the weekly workload for Electro has increased as we learn a new program and need to do a bunch of tutorials for that program each week. In other words, NOW I am experiencing grad school.

Current Projects:
The Autumn Song Cycle is over 50% finished and submitted. I sent the first song to the singer last night and went over all the details so she can get started on learning it. I have pretty much exactly a week to get the other song (2 poems combined) finished.

The Piano Trio is coming along. I had a lesson the other day and I actually had stuff written and he looked the whole thing over. It was pretty much just a detailed sketch, but he felt it was much closer to completion than I thought. My task for this week is to pick and choose the elements from the two versions that I want to combine. My plan of attack is to do this with scissors! I need to input the second version into the computer first, then I'll print it out and then cut it up and decide which segments are worth using.

Tomorrow, I have a meeting with the other of the two available prospective thesis advisers. I haven't met him yet because he has been on sabbatical, so I have no idea how things will go. Nevertheless, I will stay optimistic until the end!

My roommate discovered one of these grocery delivery services. I looked it up and the delivery charge was only 6bucks and the prices seemed reasonable, so I'm giving it a try. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's easier for me to be organized. I always forget something and the list is never complete, but at least here, I do the shopping in my house so I just run back and forth between the kitchen and the computer and I feel very organized. At the same time, I'm not going to be getting my PC points for groceries if I do this. Anyway, the groceries will come tomorrow evening and I'll see how satisfied with it. Then I'll see if I want to do it again then next time I need groceries.
Ok, bitch time - The damned Liquor Mart (LCBO) that I went to yesterday was only open til 6pm and I was there at 6:30. What the heck?!? I want to buy vodka and Kahlua so I can make paralysers- I need milk anyway, so I have to wait for tomorrow evening anyway, but still!

2 comments:

Jonathan Evans said...

You ordered milk? They're going to give you something that expires the day you get it. I hope you didn't order eggs and veggies and bread.

Lazy ass, that's right, I said it!

Michael Park said...

once again, I'm only trying it out. They have a freshness garuntee of 7 days for milk and similar for veggies. So, if they don't last as long as when I get them from the store, I'll just go back to the store. Actually, I think this is going to be a one time-thing anyway.