Friday, January 11, 2008

Talk about irony!

This afternoon, there was a major power outage at the university, the power was out for well over an hour and a half.
How do I know this? Because I was in class while it happened - all of a sudden, the lights went out and the speakers crackled as their life source was harshly wrought from them. After waiting a few minutes, we decided it was a lost cause and we huddled around my prof's laptop for the remains of the lecture (one of the benefits of small class size).
After the class, thinking of all the academic classes that were probably let go after a short waiting period, I thought it delightfully ironic that my class continued. If there was one class you would expect to be cancelled in the case of a power outage, it would be mine:
ELECTROacoustic music.
But no, we continued and learnt!
We learnt that even a Mac with only 40% power can last longer than my laptop when it has 100% of it's supposed battery-life.

1 comment:

Mai said...

hahaha. maybe you can buy new Mac Laptop. hahaha.

well, in a way, your instructor was so RESPONSIBLE for teaching the class, coz your tuition is NON-REFUNDABLE!