Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Der Frohliche Hoppelnde Hase

I finally got my hands on the recording of the student composer concert from last month after much impatience. After waiting what I and most others felt was far too long, the recording was put in the library -in the form of a DVD, which makes getting the audio from it much more difficult.
At first, I was able to copy the audio part of one of the chapters onto my flash drive, but I was frustrated to find out that that chapter cut off the last 10 seconds of the piece.... ARGH.
One of my colleagues ended up using his DVD ripping software to make me a copy of the audio so all is well!
Long story short - go here:
http://www.myspace.com/mikeyjpark
it's my myspace page and I've added the file so you can listen to it.
Enjoy, and I'd love to hear feedback!
The piece is called "Der Frohliche Hoppelnde Hase", but don't look it up yet. Listen to the piece without knowing the title, as it has nothing to do with the piece. I will provide the translation in the comment section.

1 comment:

Michael Park said...

The title translates as:
The Happy Hopping Bunny
It has no relation whatsoever to the piece. I hate titles and I picked it randomly-ish. My piano trio was 75% German ish, so I figured a German name would be in order. That was one one of the first phrase I learnt while in Berlin last summer.