Monday, April 14, 2008

Ok, the first two songs on my myspace page are my piano trio and my second term electroacoustic piece.
It looks like everyone has been just rushing over to listen to music... cough cough. I'll assume that, even though no-one shows it, I have a wonderful supportive online community.
The job search has pretty much been a flop, but I will continue, because I need to. As it is, I'll end up finding a job after my Winnipeg trip.
The results of OGS are supposed to be available after today... but I want them now... they probably won't be online anyway.. grr!
I've been doing readings/research into my paper. It's due before the end of the month. I'm learning a lot as I just do the preliminary research - I'm going to do more reading like this during the summer and always.
Sandra and I have agreed on a text, so I'm ready to start on my first summer project, yay! It's going to be a set of miniatures, in some sense inspired by the Kurtag that I'm looking at. Kurtag wrote/writes almost exclusively in small/miniature forms - I hope I can be anywhere near as successful as he has been - in general, as well as with small forms...

2 comments:

Jonathan Evans said...

Ooooh, aaaah, ooooooh, aaaaah. You should whore yourself out on YouTube, you'd get more attention.

Anonymous said...

I'm finally catching up with your blogpost to listen to your composition! they are awesome! I like Alzhimer's varietion theme! hahaha

I'll look forward to see your finished website in the summer!